Workers in small industries covered by the ESI facility but unable to access the medical services due to locational problems will have something to look forward with the Government launching Mobile Clinics.
Telangana and Andhra Pradesh will be the first states in the country where the facility would be made available initially and later expanded to other parts of the country. The Union Minister for Labour and Employment, Bandaru Dattareya flagged off these mobile clinics that would serve the areas not covered by ESI Dispensaries in Telanagana and Andhra Pradesh.
Each clinic will have a vehicle with a Doctor, pharmacist, attendant, driver and the necessary equipment and medicines. The vehicle will visit two locations in a day for three hours each and conduct basic investigations. Each location will be covered twice a week. The annual expenditure for these will be around Rs. 30 crores.
Know more about ESI-
Employees' State Insurance (abbreviated as ESI) is a self-financing social security and health insurance scheme for Indian workers. This fund is managed by the Employees' State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) according to rules and regulations stipulated there in the ESI Act 1948. ESIC is an autonomous corporation by a statutory creation under Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India.
For all employees earning ₹21,000 (US$310) or less per month as wages, the employer contributes 4.75 percent and employee contributes 1.75 percent, total share 6.5% percent. State government's share is 1/8th and that by central government is 7/8th.